Do you have furniture items you would like to donate to the DAV?
Fill out the form below to book your furniture donation appointment. Thank you for supporting the DAV!
For your convenience, please leave furniture donations outside. We assume no liability for damage during first-floor pickups.
**We are currently unable to accept large desks and large entertainment centers at this time due to an overstock in our inventory. Thank you for understanding.**
The DAV Thrift Store of Louisville accepts new or gently-used clothing, household items, décor, jewelry, accessories, books, movies, music, furniture, dishes, cookware, toys, and even vehicles.
For health and safety reasons, as well as high disposal costs, we are unable to accept:
- Broken or soiled items, including damaged or stained furniture
- Mattresses and box springs
- Large or Tube Televisions
- Hospital Beds
- Vehicle tires and batteries
- Gas canisters and heaters
- Paint and chemicals
- Building materials
- Large pianos (and other items) too large or heavy to fit in a transit van.
- Frequently-recalled items, including car seats, cribs, strollers, play pens, and children’s items containing lead or phthalates
For additional information on proper disposal of the items listed above, please visit the website for Kentucky’s Division of Waste Management. For those in the Louisville area, Project Pickup is the periodic junk-collection service provided by Metro Louisville Solid Waste Management.